This position works with the Media Director to coordinate the agency’s paid media efforts across all disciplines.Normal performance measures include: growing client relationships by highlighting the value the media team brings to each agency account, growing the media discipline within the agency, and promoting media to internal audiences.
- Works to determine role of media in the marketplace, assisting in the establishment of the media approach and strategy and writing the media plan.Also, assists in negotiations for time and space costs, monitoring of industry trends, media research, campaign delivery and analysis.
- Responsible for supervising and mentoring direct reports.
- Implements or assists with execution of media buy and stewardship (insertion orders, campaign reporting, etc.)
- Interfaces regularly and develops strong working relationships with media sales reps.
- Lead responsibility for stewardship of all assigned accounts’ budgets, including signed media authorizations and post buys reports.Additionally, may handle all aspects of the buy (plan, order, budget, track, post buy reporting) on assigned accounts.
- Responsible for media planning strategy (and related responsibilities) on accounts.
- Assists others on the team and completes special projects and new business as needed.
- Interfaces regularly and develops strong relationships with clients on assigned media accounts
- Five to Seven plus years prior media planning (and buying) experience in developing and presenting integrated media plans either via agency association or corporation to gain technical knowledge of media.
- Knowledgeable in offline and online media, including research, planning, buying, and reporting.
- Small Market Experience a plus (C&D Market Experience)
- Proven ability to work with a client budget, third party research and audit publications to analyze data, write a media plan, and present with credibility and rationale.
- Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, for cultivating client communications and vendor relationships. Position requires a pleasant personality and a positive attitude.
- Experience in media planning in one or more of the following industries: agriculture, animal health brands, rural lifestyle brands, government or financial services is preferred.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, along with direct client contact in current position.
- Negotiation skills to maximize opportunities with vendors and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate familiarity with marketing concepts and terms
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate value added opportunities for clients.
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and achieve time and budget requirements with a strong, positive attitude.
- Experience with implementing paid search and paid social media campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Google AdWords, SRDS, Kantar, MediaTools, SQAD, MRI, ADVANTAGE, mapping software, social media platforms, and specialized media software programs a plus.
If interested, apply here.
Osborn Barr is an Affirmative Action Employer M\F\D\V.07