Associate Director, Media
- Maintains overall control of workflow and assigned subordinate responsibilities within the group.
- Oversees the progress of all projects.
- Provides assistance, where necessary, to assure timely completion of projects.
- Maintains quality control of all group projects.
- Ensures that projects are produced completely, correctly, and with a maximum of manpower efficiency.
- Intercedes as much as possible to encourage individual subordinate initiative and to observe their personal abilities and growth.
- Stimulates subordinate productivity and growth by:
- Allocation of assignments which combine to make productive and effective use of each person’s skills, as well as motivating their interests and challenging their minds.
- Encouraging thorough evaluation of media proposals and alternative media opportunities.
- Supporting direct contact with account group and clients.
- Assist Media Manager and Media Director in providing formal training of all subordinates.
- Prepare and execute all special Department assignments requested by Management.
- Seven plus years prior media planning (and buying) experience in developing and presenting integrated media plans either via agency association or corporation to gain technical knowledge of media.
- Knowledgeable in offline and online media, including research, planning, buying, and reporting.
- Small Market Experience a plus (C&D Market Experience)
- Proven ability to work with a client budget, third party research and audit publications to analyze data, write a media plan, and present with credibility and rationale.
- Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, for cultivating client communications and vendor relationships. Position requires a pleasant personality and a positive attitude.
- Experience in media planning in one or more of the following industries: agriculture, animal health brands, rural lifestyle brands, government or financial services is preferred.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, along with direct client contact in current position.
- Negotiation skills to maximize opportunities with vendors and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate familiarity with marketing concepts and terms
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate value added opportunities for clients.
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and achieve time and budget requirements with a strong, positive attitude.
- Experience with implementing paid search and paid social media campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Google AdWords, SRDS, Kantar, MediaTools, SQAD, MRI, ADVANTAGE, mapping software, social media platforms, and specialized media software programs a plus.
Interested? Apply here.
Osborn Barr is an Affirmative Action Employer M\F\D\V.07